Through her professional and volunteer experience working with hundreds of patients, as well as active academic participation in Periodontal and Dental Implant research, Dr. Rosemary Wu is one of the most highly-skilled and well-informed Periodontists in the Greater Sacramento area.
Dr. Wu's credentials include:
- Research Fellowship at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, where she authored numerous peer-reviewed publications
- Lecturer at the American Academy of Periodontology, and the International Association of Dental Research
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) and undergraduate degree (Dean's List Scholar) from the University of Pennsylvania, including a concentration in health care mangement from the Wharton School of Business
- Masters in Oral Biology, Certificate in Periodontology and Oral Implantology, and Certificate in Intravenous Sedation from the University of California, San Francisco
- Diplomate (Board Certified) of the American Board of Periodontology
- Conscious Sedation Evaluator, Dental Board of California
- Voted and chosen by Sacramento Magazine as one of the Top Dentist for 2014
- Voted and chosen as one of America's Best Dentist of 2015
- Voted and chosen by Sacramento Magazine as one of the Top Dentist for 2016 and 2017
Having provided dental implant and periodontal therapy since 2003, Dr. Wu is trained in all of the treatment options and latest techniques to combat periodontal infections, enhance aesthetic desires, and reconstruct missing teeth with dental implants.
She has unique insight into the relationship between periodontal health and systemic diseases, and her goal is to address each individual's needs by providing periodontal therapy that enhances both their dental and overall health.
She is involved with the American Academy of Periodontology, California Society of Periodontics, Sacramento District Dental Society, American Dental Association, California Dental Association and American Association of Women Dentists.
Dr. Wu also volunteers her skills and experience with the underprivileged in the Sacramento area, as well as participating in volunteer dental and medical missions to Central America. In her free time, Dr. Wu enjoys playing tennis, bike riding, and skiing.